Posted in: Services > Other in British Columbia | Posted: |
Video kings are the new face of Corporate Video Production Company. They're the ones who make it look so easy that most people don't even realize they're doing anything at all! The only thing you need to do is sit back and enjoy your entertainment as you watch your product be sold on TV for millions of dollars a year. If this sounds like something you want to get into then read on...
What You'll Be Doing:
You'll be working with the best in the business to Vancouver video production for big corporations such as General Electric, IBM, Ford Motor Company, Coca Cola and many more. Your job will involve filming commercials and other promotional material for these companies. This work involves shooting lots of footage which needs to be edited down into a short film. The final product will have to be shown to a large audience before being sent out into the world. You'll also be responsible for making sure that everything is running smoothly when the time comes to send out the finished product. It's not just about putting together a good looking video, but it's also about getting it done on time and under budget.
In This Job, You'll Need:
• Good Visual Memory - You'll need to be able to remember pictures because you'll be taking lots of film for the commercials.
• An ear For Music - Most of the work will involve filming music artists, so you'll have to have a good ear for music. You should also play at least one musical instrument. If you're musically inclined then that's a big plus!
• Good People Skills - You'll be dealing with other members of staff and big companies, so you'll have to be a people person. This means being polite and keeping a smile on your face at all times!
• An Eye For Detail - Most of the work is done indoors, so you'll need to ensure that you wear suitable clothes for the job. Jeans and t-shirts are not allowed!
• The ability to work well under pressure - You'll have to meet deadlines and ensure all of the work is completed on time.
• Business skills - You'll need to have strong business skills. You'll have to understand things like how to manage money and how to run a company.
How To Become A Video Kings?
While you don't necessarily need a college degree to become a Video kings, you can expect most corporate video production company to require one. Of course businesses don't really care whether you have a degree in film or liberal arts. They just need to make sure that you're qualified enough for the position. Video Kings is a very important job and corporate video production company want to make sure they hire the right person for the job.
Most of the time, you can get a job as a Video Kings after graduating high school. College is not always required and some people learn more hands on experience through apprenticeships. Some corporate video production company may prefer one method over another, so if you don't have any work experience you may have to complete an apprenticeship.
If you want to work in this field, then you should do some research about local vancouver video production companies and contact them. Most companies will require you to send them your resume and a cover letter. If they're interested then they'll have you come in for an interview. Prepare yourself for these by doing some research about the corporate video production company and the industry as a whole. Like with any job you can expect a series of interviews which will ask you about your previous work experience and why you think you're right for the job.
After getting a job as a video production Vancouver, the sky really is the limit as far as what you can achieve. You can expect to get paid a regular salary and get benefits like paid vacation days and health insurance. Some employees may even rise up the ranks and become head editors or even get offered higher paying jobs at other Vancouver video production companies. As long as you work hard and enjoy your job, anything's possible