Posted in: Activity partners in Chicago | Posted: |
Are You Sure your vulnerable loved ones are OKAY? Did you ring to CHECK In with Them?
Where do they put that Medical Alarm at nite, when they are in the shower ??
Falls Are Serious and Costly - LONGER THEY LAY THERE the worse the damage
- One out of five falls causes a serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury.
- Each year, 2.8 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries.
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture.
THAT'S NEARLY 100 PER HOUR
- Each year at least 300,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures.
- More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, usually by falling sideways.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Adjusted for inflation, the direct medical costs for fall injuries are $31 billion annually. Hospital costs account for two-thirds of the total.
What Can Happen After a Fall?
Many falls do not cause injuries. But one out of five falls does cause a serious injury such as a broken bone or a head injury. These injuries can make it harder for a person to get around, do everyday activities, or live on their own.
- Falls can cause broken bones, like wrist, arm, ankle, and hip fractures.
- Falls can cause head injuries. These can be very serious, especially if the person is taking certain medicines (like blood thinners). An older person who falls and hits their head should see their doctor right away to make sure they don’t have a brain injury.
- Many people who fall, even if they’re not injured, become afraid of falling. This fear may cause a person to cut down on their everyday activities. When a person is less active, they become weaker and this increases their chances of falling.
Daily Wellness Check-In Care Call to your Vulnerable Loved One Means they are found sooner (next day)
So You Can be CertainThey Are OKAY
Seen on Seven NEWS
Our Vision is to keep Vulnerable elderly people in their home longer; to help them feel safe
& not forgotten; to provide their families with PEACE OF MIND knowing that they are OKAY!
Are worried about your Vulnerable Loved One living alone?
CareCallingNow check out our Free Trial to give you peace of mind knowing that they are OKAY
"NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS"
Are You Torn Between Your Family And Your Elderly Parent?
If you have an elderly parent or loved one who lives alone you probably worry that they are okay.
You know that they value their independence and want to stay in their own home but at the same
time you are concerned that they may have an accident and no one will be there to assist.
It can be difficult handing over what you see as your responsibility, calling your elderly parent or loved
one every day, to someone else.