پست شده در: آلبوم / عتیقه جات در بلژیک | آخرین بروزرسانی: |
Maison Jansen first gained international prominence in 1883 when the young Jean-Henri Jansen traveled to Amsterdam to take part in the International Colonial Exhibition, an event that featured presentations from 28 different nations and was attended by over a million visitors. There he exhibited as part of the French pavilion and won the silver medal. This led to two prominent new customers: King William III. of the Netherlands and King Alfonso XII. from Spain. This was followed by King Leopold II of Belgium for the interior design of the Castle of Laeken as well as commissions for Egypt's King Farouk and Great Britain's King Edward VII. Thanks to his participation in worldwide exhibitions and trade fairs, Jansen was able to increase the company's profile, so that his studios were in such important locations Cities such as London, New York, Buenos Aires, Cairo and many others could be found.
Jansen was sought after not only for his taste, but also for his period-inspired custom designs. For the villa of the Count and Countess de Revilla de Camargo in Havana, for example, Jansen designed Louis XV-style furniture made of Cuban mahogany, which underlines Maison Jansen's reputation as an expert manufacturer. His custom furniture business was so successful that he opened his own studio around 1900 and employed around 700 craftsmen. In the 1960s, the company, then headed by Stéphane Boudin, worked with Jacqueline Kennedy to redesign rooms in the White House, including the Queens' Sitting Room, which featured bright blue fabric and neoclassical details.
Maison Jansen continued its furniture designs into the 20th century, responding to changing tastes from Art Nouveau to Modern Regency. The studio and studio officially closed its doors in 1989